Old 21-02-2011, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Hot water

"'Mike'" wrote in message
The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold,
brings to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft
long. I need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my
garage, and of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked
the hose out in the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end,
then turned off at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about
an hour. Turned on at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing
up bowl with water, too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

Mike

At the centre for Alternative Technololgy in Machynlleth, They had a hose
pipe threaded through nunerous empty plastic "pop" bottles an array like
this left out an a flat roof and connected to the tap provided hot water
when the water was turned on. One assumes the sun needed to be shining.

Innovative and effective.

Bill