Old 21-02-2011, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hot water

The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold, brings
to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft long. I
need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my garage, and
of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked the hose out in
the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end, then turned off
at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about an hour. Turned on
at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing up bowl with water,
too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 21-02-2011, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold,
brings to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft
long. I need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my
garage, and of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked
the hose out in the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end,
then turned off at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about
an hour. Turned on at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing
up bowl with water, too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

Mike

At the centre for Alternative Technololgy in Machynlleth, They had a hose
pipe threaded through nunerous empty plastic "pop" bottles an array like
this left out an a flat roof and connected to the tap provided hot water
when the water was turned on. One assumes the sun needed to be shining.

Innovative and effective.

Bill

Old 21-02-2011, 11:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 21, 11:41*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold, brings
to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft long. I
need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my garage, and
of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked the hose out in
the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end, then turned off
at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about an hour. Turned on
at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing up bowl with water,
too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Newsgroups are a great way to discuss topics and find out
information. In this case, the topic is hot water.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 21, 11:41*am, "'Mike'" wrote:
The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold, brings
to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft long. I
need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my garage, and
of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked the hose out in
the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end, then turned off
at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about an hour. Turned on
at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing up bowl with water,
too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Newsgroups are a great way to get information and discuss topics. In
this case, the topic is hot water.
Old 22-02-2011, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:41:28 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold, brings
to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft long. I
need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my garage, and
of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked the hose out in
the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end, then turned off
at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about an hour. Turned on
at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing up bowl with water,
too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

My outside tapcomes down the wall of my house facing the afternoon
sun. Until I had lagging put on,and the in summer the lagging came
off, I had to be very careful not to water plants with the hose
without first running off that very hot water. It was sometimes as
hot as the water from my hot taps.

Pam in Bristol

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Hot pepper's not hot?? Pepperqueen Gardening 2 13-08-2004 03:23 PM