Old 22-02-2011, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Hot water

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 16:41:28 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

The posting about an extension lead which is hard to coil when cold, brings
to mind an experiment I did last summer. My garden hose is 100ft long. I
need one that length to get to the bottom of the gardens as my garage, and
of course the car, are at the bottom of the garden. I snaked the hose out in
the sunshine, turned on at the tap, turned off at the end, then turned off
at the tap and left it, laid out in the gardens for about an hour. Turned on
at the tap, turned on at the end and filled a washing up bowl with water,
too hot to wash up in.

How many of you have noticed how hot the water left in the hose is?

My outside tapcomes down the wall of my house facing the afternoon
sun. Until I had lagging put on,and the in summer the lagging came
off, I had to be very careful not to water plants with the hose
without first running off that very hot water. It was sometimes as
hot as the water from my hot taps.

Pam in Bristol