Old 27-02-2011, 08:14 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Andrew View Post
Just planted these as young plants last year but noticed that they have become very leggy, how do i proceed? feel i should cut them back but unsure as to how far,
Any help welcomed
Hi John, I'm assuming you have the purple, green leaved variety called Erysium 'Bowles Mauve' ? These are one of my favourites for mass planting near the sea and they wont be long before they start to flower ! You have 2 options, depending on how leggy the are ?? If very leggy, I would halve them now and that will encourage them to bush out, they will still flower albeit later on. If they are not too bad, let them flower and then about June halve them then.
best wishes Lannerman