Old 27-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Mishy Mishy is offline
Registered User

Default Pear tree maintenance advice needed

Hello folks, I've just removed a mass of ivy that was growing around my pear tree, which is in the back garden of a newly acquired property. I was surprised to find a long gash in the trunk that was home to a few woodlice. (They were soon flicked out with a twig.) Should I take any further action to disinfect the wound or simply leave it? Also, in order for it to achieve a good crop of fruit this year, does anyone know of a suitable fertilizer I can apply to the surrounding soil? All useful advice on pear tree maintenance gratefully received.