Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default New scientific field will study ecological importance of sounds

Bill who putters wrote:
"If we disconnect with the sounds of nature, will we continue to respect
and sustain nature?"

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/resea...kiSoundscap.ht
ml

or

http://thurly.net/0zhb

No we will not ever disconnect with natures sounds. I have my iPad's Clock
Radio set to wakeup to natures soundscapes: rain, birds chirping, wind,
flowing water... Now that we have soundscapes recorded humans no longer
need nature.