Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default New scientific field will study ecological importance of sounds

In article ,
Bill who putters wrote:

"If we disconnect with the sounds of nature, will we continue to respect
and sustain nature?"

http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/resea...kiSoundscap.ht
ml

or

http://thurly.net/0zhb

The sea awoke at midnight from its sleep,
And round the pebbly beaches far and wide
I heard the first wave of the rising tide
Rush onward with uninterrupted sweep;
A voice out of the silence of the deep,
A sound mysteriously multiplied
As of a cataract from the mountain's side,
Or roar of winds upon a wooded steep.
So comes to us at times, from the unknown
And inaccessible solitudes of being,
The rushing of the sea-tides of the soul;
And inspirations, that we deem our own,
Are some divine foreshadowing and foreseeing
Of things beyond our reason or control.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's "The Sound of the Sea":

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

łEvery conflict in the world today has its origin in the
imagination of British map drawers,˛ Author Unknown