Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default Lawn Problem

"Roger Tonkin" wrote in message
I have a large brownish patch on the lawn, under the bird feeder. I
assumed that this was due to the seed husk and other detritus left by
the birds. However I found out today that swmbo washes the feeder with
dilute disinfectant every week (on a Sat morning whilst I'm in town
getting the paper).

How strange to disinfect the feeders in situ. I always take them down,
empty them, scrub them, disinfect them, dry them out and refill them. Bit
difficult to do that while they are hanging up outside...

Is this likely to damage the lawn, or will it recover when I move the
feeder and the grass starts to grow?

The grass will probably probably if was only dilute disinfectant. I hope.

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales