Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Lawn Problem

On Mar 2, 10:46*am, Roger Tonkin wrote:
I have a large brownish patch on the lawn, under the bird feeder. I
assumed that this was due to the seed husk and other detritus left by
the birds. However I found out today that swmbo washes the feeder with
dilute disinfectant every week (on a Sat morning whilst I'm in town
getting the paper).

Is this likely to damage the lawn, or will it recover when I move the
feeder and the grass starts to grow?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Disinfectant is innimical to all life. That's what the word means. I
expect the grass will come back in the end. Also poisonous to birds
unless washed off afterwards. You might mention this to SWMBO.