Old 03-03-2011, 01:50 PM
spinksy spinksy is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin View Post
I have a large brownish patch on the lawn, under the bird feeder. I
assumed that this was due to the seed husk and other detritus left by
the birds. However I found out today that swmbo washes the feeder with
dilute disinfectant every week (on a Sat morning whilst I'm in town
getting the paper).

Is this likely to damage the lawn, or will it recover when I move the
feeder and the grass starts to grow?

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales
hi roger, its very difficult to completely kill grass, so i would leave it , but not disinfect it in situ. however, if the grass remains brown. dig it out and put some top soil, then grass seed and top with multi purpose compost, then compact the compost by walking on it and give it a good watering.. the grass will soon grow back.. good luck,, spinksy