Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Haywire

Default Brown stuff on gravel

Kush,

explain these diatoms to me please, I've been having a battle with what I
think was poop on the bottom of the tank, but now I've got algae giving me
greif again, and I've clumps of this stuff moving around the bottom of the
tank in the current.

"kush" wrote in
:

Probably diatoms, usually symptomatic of some combination of nitrate,
oxygen deficiency, and insufficient lighting. Recommendation: change
water, increase wattage and/or period of lighting, and add snails or
ottos.

kush

Stuart Mueller wrote in message
. ..
I have a smattering of some brown fuzzy stuff over an area of my
gravel.

it
is a patch in the centre. it looks like a fine build up of dirt. is
this algae? if so what sort?

Thanks

Stu