Old 06-03-2011, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Pond life

"Derek" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 16:19:13 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

I put about 80 Goldfish into my daughter and son in law's pond a couple of
months ago and there is no sign of them. When they went in they went
straight to the bottom in the murk. Do Goldfish 'hibernate'?

Very cold a couple of months ago, is it possible that the shock killed
them, but then would expect them to float upwards dead.
So Hungry Heron?

www.lincolnfuchsiasociety.info

They where transferred from my neighbour's small outside pond and
'acclimatised' to the pond water.

Hungry Heron? Not seen one about. Could it be Ducks? Dozens of those use the
pond.

BUT, the water has been very murky by virtue of the rain fed stream going
into the pond!!

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive