Old 10-03-2011, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Trimming shallot tips prior to planting?

Today on TV I saw someone trimming the tips of shallots prior to
planting them. Does anyone else do this? Is it a good thing to do?
I assume he was doing it to help the new growth push through the tips
which were maybe a bit dry and tough for new growth to penetrate?

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.