Old 11-03-2011, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Badgers

"sutartsorric" wrote in message
I know there was a thread on badgers last year, but I dont seem to be
able to reply to it for some reason.

I have the same trouble with them trashing the lawn, garden and
anything planted in tubs they can turn over and dig out.

However, I knew they are not keen on smells and one day had an idea
that scattering a top dressing of blood, fish and bone over the tubs
might work (and hopefully feed the plants later in the season), and it
seems to have done.

Four nights now and no new damage, even though I have topped up the
tubs that were dug out before adding the b,f & b. Ok, it might be
coincidence but at least its worth a try if you have them causing
trouble.

This will prove to be a bad idea.