Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
SlimFlem

Default Whiptail Catfish and plants

Ok, that's more of what I was thinking. Almost one week ago I added a
SeaChem Florish tab under each Sword hoping that would help them. Do you
know how long it takes for the tabs to doing their thing? Does it just
slowly dissolve and spread through the substrate or do the plant roots start
to wrap around it and "feed" from it?

jesse

"Philippe Lemaire" wrote in message
I would say the hole is potentially there at a weaken place of the leaf

due to some
nutrition problem... Then some fish goes on it (Botia) and reveals the

hole !

When healthy my plants resist Botia and Ancistrus.
When some deficient are there they show holes and break feeble stems.

I would add some tablet under the sword.

Philippe

"SlimFlem" wrote in message

| Hi.
|
| Can Whiptail catfish be verified to be plant tank safe? I've had one in

my
| plant tank for at least 8 months. He (I call him he.) has gotten quite
| large...probably like 5 inches. I am starting to wonder if he is

putting
| some of the holes in my Sword leaves and munching on the new tender

leaves