Old 12-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Kingtonjames Kingtonjames is offline
Registered User

Default Musa Basjoo (Banana tree) dead?

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could answer my following question?

With a mixture of work and i guess laziness, i failed to protect my musa basjoo over the winter (as i thought they where hardy to -14C and wouldnt need to worry), anyway long story short, the stem is dead and gone.

Now are the roots dead and therefore ill have to purchase some more or will they grow back? Is this also applicable for some Canna Tropicanas i planted?

Ive got some 'Red Hot pokers' in the garden as well but they seem to come back each year - didnt know i had them until the bloomed as the previous owner of my house planted them.

Thanks

James