Old 13-03-2011, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Hosepipe circumference?

On 2011-03-10 15:39:12 +0000, "Graham Harrison"
said:

I've bought myself a water butt pump to move water between storage
points. The hosepipe I have is from a Hozelock Compact Enclosed Reel and
it's a real struggle to fit it to the pump outlet. I had to remove the
O ring from the pump to get it to go. In the pump kit there is a piece
of piping which seems to be bigger (larger circumference) than the pipe I
have (it runs from the immersed pump up to the fitment I'm trying to
attach to). I've Googled around trying to find out what pipe
circumferences (or should it be diameter or radius?) exist but I'm not
being successful. I'm quite happy to buy a new piece of hose, I just
need to know what to look for. Can anybody help?

Just wondering if you bothered to read the instructions as they appear to
answer all your questions:

http://www.hozelock.com/uploads/pdf/...0PUMP%20UK.pdf

My hose may be Hozelock but the Butt pump isn't.