Old 14-03-2011, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Best tomato ever

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
There is already a tomato thread going but it's broadly focused. On this
thread I'm asking what's your single favorite tomato variety. My
candidate is the Sun Gold Cherry, incredibly sweet and a terrific
producer.

Better Boy. I wish the best variety was some exotic or interesting
heirloom, but it's not, it's a modern hybrid.

-Bob

I hate to say this, But I like any kind of cherry or grape tomato. No muss
no fuss, Pick and eat. Or put in a salad. and I did cut them in half for a
mayo sandwich. Last year. Around here they are about $3.99 a pint. I
planted some hillbilly tomatoes last summer. They were ok. And once apon a
time I loved those neon green zebra tomatoes. Breaded and fried in a pan
..

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't eat those grilled outside homemade
giant cheeseburgers anymore.With lettuce , tomato and ketchup and mustard
Or BLTs. Id want a big slicer.

Jesus you guys made me hungry.

Diesel.