Old 14-03-2011, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Musa Basjoo (Banana tree) dead?

In article ,
says...

Hello all,

Just wondering if someone could answer my following question?

With a mixture of work and i guess laziness, i failed to protect my musa
basjoo over the winter (as i thought they where hardy to -14C and
wouldnt need to worry), anyway long story short, the stem is dead and
gone.

Now are the roots dead and therefore ill have to purchase some more or
will they grow back? Is this also applicable for some Canna Tropicanas i
planted?

Ive got some 'Red Hot pokers' in the garden as well but they seem to
come back each year - didnt know i had them until the bloomed as the
previous owner of my house planted them.

Thanks

James

Leave well alone it will be at least another 6 weeks before anything
shows if its been damaged. if regrowth is small consider protection for
next winter as two in a row will probably see it off
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk