Old 14-03-2011, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Syringa laciniata

"Spider" wrote ...

Does anyone else on this ng know or grow this Cut-leaf Lilac? I have
had mine for several years now and, despite feeding it with high potash
food and, once or twice, starving it in case that helped, there has
never been so much as a flower bud. I know it is capable of flowering
because, in desperation, I've looked on Google Images. That just makes
it worse, because I know how gorgeous it can look :~{

It is now growing in a large pot (it has been potted on over the years
as it's grown, but certainly never over-potted). I could pot it on
again or leave it in it's 15" pot. Maybe restricting the rootball would
help? I would *love* to see it flower (each year preferably), but I'm
beginning to wonder if I'm wasting my time.

Can anyone offer me any advice or hope?
Thank you.

Do you prune it? And if so when?

--