Old 15-03-2011, 09:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Pests????

Tony Ellis;914830 Wrote:
I found it difficult to understand. Yesterday I remarked on how three
primulas in a trough has done so well to survive our winter. They were
in full bloom and about 9" high. Today I looked and there was nothing
left of them. The flowers and the leaves had vanished. The soil is not
disturbed. There is no sign of the remains of the growth.
This might also be co-incidental but a few days ago I found huge digging
in my patio pots. In one pot with a T rose and tulip bulbs something had
dug at least 6" deap and scattered the soil over the patio.
I live in a flat and my "garden" is on the roof, 3 stories high, so it
is unlikely to be cats or fox. The birds that are around most of the
time are seagulls, pigeons and jackdaw.
Any ideas?

Rats.