Old 16-03-2011, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Poultry Pellets

"Derek" wrote

I have never used Poultry Pellets before, and was wondering if there
would be any benefit of breaking the pellets down , lightly crushing
them?. I am going to use them as a slow release feed for pot plants.

And have discovered they stink!

Used them for years, orchids (Cymbidiums, Pleiones, Zygopetalums, etc) seem
to love them as do our citrus. Use them on the allotment too, onions do well
on them.
I have even crushed them up to use on the grass.
Not seen any cheap offers lately though so gradually running out.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden