Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dave

Default Hagen diffuser report

In , "NetMax"
empowered us with this mighty blow against the
Patriarchy:

Thanks for the feedback. I sell these in the store and I was a bit
sceptical (as I am for all new products). They rate it for 20g which I
thought was conservative, so either the generation chamber is small, or
Hagen wants the effects to be really obvious. I hope others can attach
their feedback as well, plus a better estimate of the tank size it would
operate. Wouldn't plant quantity or surface area be more relevant than
water volume?

I added a post to another thread about this. Just another data point; I
found that I didn't get enough CO2 from the reactor for my 29 gallon
heavily planted tank; it's possible it may work for a 20 gallon tank
assuming little surface turbulence. I question the claim that it will last
for a month ... it just seems like the reactor is just too small. But I
could be wrong.

I like the diffuser, and am using it with my usual DIY setup (2 quart juice
bottle, yeast, sugar and water). I hear that the diffuser is available
separately - good idea.

I can see where customers might get upset if they buy this product and then
find out that the "activator" and "stabilizer" packets contain just yeast
and (probably) baking soda. ;-)