Old 18-03-2011, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Malcolm is offline

Default Its quiet!

On 18/03/2011 17:34, 'Mike' wrote:
On 2011-03-18 13:36:35 +0000, David in Normandy
said:

On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your
gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside
today. I want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

Me too, most of today anyway, arranging menus for Mother's Day and
putting more plants onto the web site etc. It seems to take forever and
I end up cross-eyed! And of course, the sun has come out just as it's
almost time to close for the day. The rain was very welcome though -
it's quite a while since we had enough to do real good.

In GB it is Mothering Sunday, a festival associated with the Church.
Mothers Day is a commercial festival invented in the USA
Malcolm

Are not most 'festivals' especially those of the church, not money making
schemes for someone? And those who attach themselves to them looking to line
their pockets?

Kind regards

Mike

Not this one. It was designated a s a day when anyone would be free to
visit their 'Mother' Church - the Church where they were chritened

Malcolm