Old 18-03-2011, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Its quiet!

The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Mike

Old 18-03-2011, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside today.
I want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.
Old 18-03-2011, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
r...
On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens.
Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside today. I
want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

:-)) Chucking it down with rain here on the South East coast of the Isle of
Wight. Glad about that really because I had to empty a water butt a couple
of weeks ago to fix a leaking tap. In emptying one, because they are linked
together, it half emptied the others :-(( and we have had days and days of
sunshine. Enabled me to turn a massive compost heap though !!! :-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 18-03-2011, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-18 13:36:35 +0000, David in Normandy
said:

On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your
gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside
today. I want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

Me too, most of today anyway, arranging menus for Mother's Day and
putting more plants onto the web site etc. It seems to take forever and
I end up cross-eyed! And of course, the sun has come out just as it's
almost time to close for the day. The rain was very welcome though -
it's quite a while since we had enough to do real good.

In GB it is Mothering Sunday, a festival associated with the Church.
Mothers Day is a commercial festival invented in the USA
Malcolm
Old 18-03-2011, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-18 13:36:35 +0000, David in Normandy
said:

On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your
gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside
today. I want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

Me too, most of today anyway, arranging menus for Mother's Day and
putting more plants onto the web site etc. It seems to take forever and
I end up cross-eyed! And of course, the sun has come out just as it's
almost time to close for the day. The rain was very welcome though -
it's quite a while since we had enough to do real good.

In GB it is Mothering Sunday, a festival associated with the Church.
Mothers Day is a commercial festival invented in the USA
Malcolm

Are not most 'festivals' especially those of the church, not money making
schemes for someone? And those who attach themselves to them looking to line
their pockets?

Kind regards

Old 18-03-2011, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-18 13:36:35 +0000, David in Normandy
said:

[...]

Not this one. It was designated a s a day when anyone would be free to
visit their 'Mother' Church - the Church where they were chritened

Malcolm
Old 18-03-2011, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-18 13:36:35 +0000, David in Normandy
said:

On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your
gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside
today. I want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

Me too, most of today anyway, arranging menus for Mother's Day and
putting more plants onto the web site etc. It seems to take forever and
I end up cross-eyed! And of course, the sun has come out just as it's
almost time to close for the day. The rain was very welcome though -
it's quite a while since we had enough to do real good.

In GB it is Mothering Sunday, a festival associated with the Church.
Mothers Day is a commercial festival invented in the USA
Malcolm

Our customers/fellow villagers/friends/children use a combination of both
those names. Mothering Sunday and Mother's Day are one and the same in
terms of those who observe them, whether they go to church or not. Does
the Church of England have a Fathering Sunday btw? We're always very
touched to see how many mothers, of all ages, come along with their loving
families to have lunch on 'their' day. So while their offspring are
obeying "Honour thy Mother", on which day are they expected to "Honour thy
Father" because in our experience and while we do special dishes for
Father's Day, too, there seems to be no church service that observes that
day. Or is there? If not, I wonder why. Do you know of such a service,
such a day in the Christian church's calendar?
--
Sacha
South Devon

With so many broken marriages and multi parented families, would it be a
'profitable' and viable thing to have a Father's Day? Think PROFIT.

Do many of today's children know who their Fathers are?

Kindest regards

Old 18-03-2011, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
r...
On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens.
Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside today. I
want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

Been raining here in Windsor all day!

Alan

Old 18-03-2011, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On Mar 18, 7:06*pm, "alan.holmes" wrote:
"David in Normandy" wrote in range.fr...

On 18/03/2011 14:18, MuddyMike wrote:
The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens.
Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

Sat working at the computer here too. It is bitterly cold outside today.. I
want a dry sunny day to do some weeding.

Been raining here in Windsor all day!

Alan

--
David in Normandy. *
* To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the
* subject line, or it will be automatically deleted
* by a filter and not reach my inbox.- Hide quoted text -

What's this Rain?
We had enough moisture in the night to mark the car wind screen, some
cloud first thing this morning but then sunshine all day.
I've ricked my back so taking it easy, but did prune 12 of my vines,
hope to do the rest tomorrow.
I've taken the first dahlia cuttings but so far there are only a few
showing much growth, I lost about 40% of the tubers I lifter I just
couldn't get them to dry properly,
Just hope I can build my stock up again this season.
David
Old 18-03-2011, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"MuddyMike" wrote

The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens. Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

No, it rained until this afternoon and I was down the pot sowing early peas
in the rain. Having started planting whilst the rain had stopped it then
started again for a while!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 19-03-2011, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"MuddyMike" wrote

The sun is obviously shining and you are all out tending your gardens.
Sadly
I am stuck at the PC working, well mostly working!

No, it rained until this afternoon and I was down the pot sowing early
peas in the rain. Having started planting whilst the rain had stopped it
then started again for a while!

We are enjoying a few days with no rain, unlike the past 6 weeks when it
seems to have been continually wet and muddy. We took on a rescue 3 year old
Golden Retriever just before Christmas and walking her in the mud has been
no fun at all, so we are really looking for to things drying out.

Just had the mower out for the first time this season, not so much to cut
the grass as to clear up all the sticks and other debris. Surprisingly it
found quite a lot of grass that needed cutting.

Mike