Old 21-03-2011, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Syringa laciniata

Spider wrote in
:

Aw, thanks for asking Baz. That's nice of you :~). It's doing
amazingly well and I haven't even fed it yet, although it's close
enough to my compost bins that it will never go hungry. I can't get
horse poo where I am, so I'll be using pelleted chicken poo anytime
soon. I would have done it already, but I've got Spider Flu:~( [aka
common cold]! I'm so chuffed that it's taken. I keep going out and
looking at it, although I soon won't have to as I think it will
probably wave at me through the window! One day soon I'll take a
photograph of it and open a rhubarb picture thread.

Yes, chicken poo pellets, as soon as you can.
Rhubarb likes its feed in early winter so get some on asap. I had to feed
mine late this year because of all the snow, but they are all doing great
in fact I could take a couple of stalks now (without forcing) if I NEEDED
to, but I have still some in the freezer from last year. It is going to be
a good year for rhubarb I think judging by what you say and looking at
mine.
Looking forward to the pics, I might do the same when I figure out a
hosting site.

Good luck with all
Baz