Old 21-03-2011, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
gogo[_3_] gogo[_3_] is offline

Default transplanting potatoes?

On 21/03/2011 12:03, Baz wrote:
wrote in news:im7b2q$n0j$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

Hello,

I try every year to have a few potatoes in big pots outside (I'm in
Edinburgh). Usually, I have a fairly bad harvest, but you know, it's
good to have a few new potatoes direct from the garden! I thought one of
the reason for the low yield is late planting, so, I thought I could try
planting earlier. Unfortunately my big pots are busy with tulips at the
moment, so, I wonder if people have experience transplanting potatoes,
i.e., starting them in smaller pots and re-potting them later when the
tulips are done? Is this feasible or the don't like that?
Thanks for any advice

Gogo

I have no experience transplanting potatoes as I think it won't work imo.

You can grow them in strong plastic sacks and I know that can be very
successful.
Try the link below, there are many more to try. Put this in your browser-
grow potatoes in bags

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...d.php?t=361726

Hope this helps
Baz

In fact, I think I could combine plastic bag growing and Phil's (above)
method. Thanks