Old 22-03-2011, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Birds and Bees: Broad beans

On Mar 22, 3:46*pm, Baz wrote:
The few broad beans I have left after the pigeons have had a go have had
some attention with a bumble bee, I say in the singular because that one is
the only one I have clapped eyes on, there must be more because there are
little pods there. This is the first year that birds have damaged my beans.

Another crop ruined by nature!(or natural vermin)

Now comes the survival mode from me. Slug pellets, insecticide, herbicide
in fact anything and bugger the consequences. Tried and failed with nature.

Baz

Net?