Old 23-03-2011, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Rose trauma

Whilst I was off sailing last week and weekend, apparently our neighbour has
decided to 'straighten off his fence', which means taking his fence down,
cutting out 6" of our garden and replanting his fence, with a stake right in
the middle of my favourite rose!

Apparently my next door neighbour on the other side rescued the rose before
he masacred it, and I haven't had a chance to thank her and see how it is
yet. But given the time of year and the fact that it was well out of
dormancy (and hadn't had a hugely harsh pruning this year), what's the
chance of it surviving?

(neighbour who rescued it does know what she's doing, but roses aren't her
speciality)