Old 24-03-2011, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Parsnips(in bog rolls)

There was a discussion earlier this month on the subject, and I had a head
start because I had already done mine.
Some of mine are already showing after a very short time on the window cill
and as have the carrots which I sowed shortly after.
I just need to follow on and keep sowing until I have enough.
The whole seedling and bog roll can be planted using a bulb planter to the
depth of the bog roll. How much easier can this be? No thinning!
I did it last year with parsnips and carrot, and this year going to do
swede(obviously in the brassiccas bed).
If you are sceptical, sow in the usual/traditional way and wait 'till the
weeds take over but do a few in the way described and see for yourself.

I am trying to help, and this is MY TOP TIP by far because I know it works
and although it sounds faffy, its not, in the long run its far, far easier
than traditional methods.

Baz