Old 24-03-2011, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default Anyone ever bought a "name your own rose" thing?

On Mar 24, 4:25*pm, "Mentalguy2k8" wrote:
Wondering if these deals where you get to name a rose and have the bush
http://www.classicroses.co.uk/index.phpdelivered are any good?

A friend has had a tough time and has always talked about having a rose
bush, so we thought it was a decent "personalised" gift. How do we go about
seeing if the name we want is already registered? Anyone have any experience
of these things? Any advice or anecdotes much appreciated, thanks.

I share Sacha's and Chris's reservations on this having been in the
rose trade many years ago.
Just pick a good rose from a good supplier like

http://www.classicroses.co.uk/index.php
It's a very big catalogue, packed with info and contains most of the
very best currently available including the older often difficult to
get varieties. And I've always had good plants from them.

Rod