Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Hagen diffuser report

Eric Schreiber wrote:

I'm planning on tests and water change later today, so
we'll see if anything has changed.

Here are the complete reading from my tank for the last several weeks,
updated today.

Date Amm Nit pH GH KH CO2 Notes
12/16 0.0 2.0 8.6 15.0 15.0 1.1
12/18 0.0 0.5 8.2 14.5 13.5 2.6 (1)
12/21 0.0 0.0 8.2 13.5 13.5 2.6
12/26 0.0 0.0 8.2 14.0 13.5 2.6
01/01 0.0 0.0 8.0 15.0 15.5 4.7 (2)
01/07 0.0 0.0 8.2 15.0 15.0 2.8 (3)
01/14 0.0 0.0 8.2 14.5 14.5 2.7

Notes:
(1) Start DIY CO2, readings are before CO2
(2) Slight cloudiness, monthly filter change
(3) New CO2 mix, added Hagen Co2 diffuser

The CO2 is calculated per this formula:
CO2 (in PPM) = 3 * KH * 10^(7-pH)
which I got from Chucks Planted Aquarium Pages at
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

So, while I'm quite sure the Hagen diffuser is working based on visual
cues, my tank chemistry doesn't seem to change appreciably.

I suppose as an experiment I could turn off the Eclipse filtration for
a few hours and see what happens, since it's causing a fair amount of
turbulence, but even if it demonstrates that the turbulence is the
problem, I'm not sure what I might do with that information - I'm not
about to stop filtration on the tank, after all!

At least my ammonia and nitrite have been holding nicely at zero.

--
www.ericschreiber.com