Old 26-03-2011, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Another top tip from Baz

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in news:bunpo65umaa7meaplvok76l551r2d8rp9m@
4ax.com:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:04:39 GMT, Baz wrote:

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz

Hope you're not seriously injured.

Jake

Not seriously injured, just a little cut on my eyebrow and my specs needed
to be strightened, no glass broken. It's a laugh really because Cas(OH) was
helping to get a bit more order in the garden and was raking after I was
taking a few stubborn weeds out. She got ahead of me and went indoors to
make us a coffee. When she shouted me I turned round to get the coffee and
BAM, I stepped onto the rake that she had left propped up on the bucket she
was using. The handle immediatly smacked me in the kisser and all she could
do was laugh, and I mean laugh, she fell to the ground, her legs looked
like she was cycling and all I could hear was her squeaking until she got
her breath back, then more squeaking and more getting breath back untill
she finally laughed properly with her breath back.
She said afterwards that she wasn't laughing at my mishap, but when the
rake hit me I looked around me like a mongoose or merecat, hoping no-one
saw it. That tickled her ribs.
Seriously, I have not seen her laugh like that for a long long time.

All's well that ends well as they say.
Bit of a shiner and a bit of glue, but I never was that handsome anyway.

Baz