Old 25-03-2011, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Another top tip from Baz

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz
Old 25-03-2011, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:04:39 GMT, Baz wrote:

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz

Hope you're not seriously injured.

Jake
Old 25-03-2011, 07:00 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz[_3_] View Post
Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz
You can leave it on the ground, just not prongs upward. How badly are you hurt?
__________________
Old 25-03-2011, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-25 13:04:39 +0000, said:

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

If you must, put it prongs down!!!

Uh-oh! I won't ask where the bruises are but I hope you're unscathed!

That's a funny way to spell unscythed. :-)

--
Phil Cook
Old 25-03-2011, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-25 13:04:39 +0000, said:

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

If you must, put it prongs down!!!

Uh-oh! I won't ask where the bruises are but I hope you're unscathed!

That's a funny way to spell unscythed. :-)

--
Phil Cook

Tom and Jerry comes to mind ;-))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 26-03-2011, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mar 25, 7:00*pm, kay wrote:
'Baz[_3_ Wrote:

;915958']Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz

You can leave it on the ground, just not prongs upward. How badly are
you hurt?

--
kay

If on a hard surface, it can flick up whichever way up you leave it.
Old 26-03-2011, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote in news:bunpo65umaa7meaplvok76l551r2d8rp9m@
4ax.com:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:04:39 GMT, Baz wrote:

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz

Hope you're not seriously injured.

Jake

Not seriously injured, just a little cut on my eyebrow and my specs needed
to be strightened, no glass broken. It's a laugh really because Cas(OH) was
helping to get a bit more order in the garden and was raking after I was
taking a few stubborn weeds out. She got ahead of me and went indoors to
make us a coffee. When she shouted me I turned round to get the coffee and
BAM, I stepped onto the rake that she had left propped up on the bucket she
was using. The handle immediatly smacked me in the kisser and all she could
do was laugh, and I mean laugh, she fell to the ground, her legs looked
like she was cycling and all I could hear was her squeaking until she got
her breath back, then more squeaking and more getting breath back untill
she finally laughed properly with her breath back.
She said afterwards that she wasn't laughing at my mishap, but when the
rake hit me I looked around me like a mongoose or merecat, hoping no-one
saw it. That tickled her ribs.
Seriously, I have not seen her laugh like that for a long long time.

All's well that ends well as they say.
Bit of a shiner and a bit of glue, but I never was that handsome anyway.

Baz

Old 26-03-2011, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

kay wrote in news:kay.802b316
@gardenbanter.co.uk:

'Baz[_3_ Wrote:
;915958']Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz

You can leave it on the ground, just not prongs upward. How badly are
you hurt?

Just a little cut on my eyeborow and a big one in my pride!
Thanks for asking.

Baz
Old 26-03-2011, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2011-03-25 13:04:39 +0000, Baz said:

Gentlemen, you have seen it on tv and in slapstick movies.

NEVER leave your rake on the ground!

Baz

Uh-oh! I won't ask where the bruises are but I hope you're unscathed!

My bruising is only my pride, Sacha, but thanks for not asking anyway.

Baz
Old 26-03-2011, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 13:42:26 GMT, Baz wrote:

[...]

Glad it's not too bad though I'm trying to work out where the coffee
went in all this fun and cycling. I hope it tasted nice! It's good
that the two of you can share a laugh (hopefully you'll understand
what I mean by that).

Take care.

Jake

Old 27-03-2011, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

She spilled a bit of coffee in recoil (I didn't get mine) and she managed
to put both mugs on the lawn.
BTW she wasn't laughing with me, she was laughing at me! I wasn't
laughing.
The next opportunity I get we will see how much laughter a person can
take when I hand her a stinging nettle. Justice will be seen. At least
she won't have to wait hours at A&E and then have a tetanus jab.
Revenge is sweet so they say.

Baz