Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Anna Vaca

Default Duck weed.

Hi Bruce,
I have been removing duck weed from my pond manually with a special flat net
that I made, the problem being that unless you remove all the duck weed, it
breeds like wild fly you can clear the pond today and in about a weeks time
it all come back. I have tried chemicals in the past and at great expense it
was not better than manual removal. I was wondering if a pair of grass
eating carp might solve the problem.
All the best m8.
Anna
"Bruce Geist" wrote in message
With a pond there may be more options. However, for an aquarium, I know

if
know way other than physical removal. I have used a fish net, or I have
used an inverted python as a skimmer to suck the plants to oblivion. (A
python is a siphoning device which attaches to a sink and uses water
pressure to suck out tank water. When finished sucking out tank water, a
valve can be reversed to put water back into the tank.)

-Bruce Geist
"Anna Vaca" wrote in message
Any ideas how to get rid of duck weed. My pond is at the end of reed

beds,
but I got duck weed from the garden centre. I do get the odd duck at

mating
time visiting the pond.
Any ideas without use of chemicals as the pond is rich in wild life. I
suspect the nitroget content may be higher, as its at the end of a reed

bed.

Thanks Anna