Old 28-03-2011, 08:56 PM
duracomposites duracomposites is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On 2 Dec, 14:37, ssheilas wrote:
We have recently put down a large area of hardwood decking, what is the
best way to maintain this and keep it in good condition?

I broom ours with a very hard brush after the rain, to get rid of
excess water in the grooves and get rid of the leaves too. Just keep
it clear. If moss/algae settle, just brush off!
Instead of using wood as your decking material use composite wood or also known as WPC timber. It is totally maintenance free and is treated with chemicals so moss and algae won't grown on it. It will also last a lot longer than wood, in fact it can have a 50 year plus life span.