Old 29-03-2011, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Advice on pruning Buddleia

On 29 Mar 2011 18:12:15 GMT, A_T
wrote:

Here is my buddleia. It was planted in the Autumn having been grown in a
pot from a cutting. It's 30 inches high.

Personally I think it would be cruel to prune such a small plant.

When it grows a bit, you prune in Autumn to prevent wind damage, and
prune hard in the spring to shape and encourage growth, mine is over
35 years old, and from ground level to three feet is all
gnarled and interesting , with the new growth each year getting to
twelve feet plus.