Old 30-03-2011, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Need help please pond plants

"Therefore" wrote in message
Hello again
I will be buying some bull rush and water lilies tomorrow from B&Q
Can anyone on group help, with type of compost needed to fill the pots

Also is it necessary to cover the roots in gravel
And any other advice you can give will be welcome

TIA .......................Leslie

I am led to believe that there are two, or more, distinctive types of
Bulrush.

Large and intrusive and more 'gentile' ones. The attached picture shows a
'thug' which had to be removed from my daughter and son in law's pond. The
were nearly 6 feet above the water and when pulled out, over 8 foot high.

Watch what you are getting or at least check out if I am correct reference
'types' and sizes.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album=BYMJ3GLI

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive