Old 30-03-2011, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default A strange Spring

"Martin" wrote in message
On 29 Mar 2011 22:13:57 GMT, wrote:

Martin wrote:
Vegetarian jelly exists
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/food/just-wh...stals/1269203/

It does, there are even a couple of different types. Agar-agar and
caraggean are, iirc, both seaweed based. You can also get a cornstarch
based one which is used as quick setting jelly that you are meant to use
in
flans.

Unfortunately* none of them are quite the same texture or insane flavours
as
the meaty version.

That's one of the problems of being a vegetarian after being a
carnivore, nothing is quite the same as real meat :-)

I can't get my head round why anybody would want to be vegetarian!!

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

(Speaking of insane flavours - anyone heard the Dylan Moran quote along
the
lines of "in the 80s we didn't eat food unless it glowed in the dark!!" -
reminds me of a brand of jelly in the mid-80swhich didn't flourescent
colours, including dayglo blue)

--

Martin