Old 30-03-2011, 04:13 PM
ctsanders1 ctsanders1 is offline
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by William L. Rose View Post
My radishes don't plump. I get long red roots above ground but they are
only about an eighth of an inch in diameter. The radished germinate very
quickly. They have large leaves but they don't have any flesh. The
garden is fifteen years old. It is basically clay but compost is dug
into it every year. There are worms in the soil. What do I have to do to
get these little suckers to plump up?
The pH level of the soil should be around 7 (neutral), and you should try to mix in some sand into the fresh dirt. Radishes like a sandy loam to do well in. I plant them quite often because they are "easy" to grow.... A great website I've found for growing, pest deterring, etc. is Radish Garden - Healthy Snacks . Hope this helps!