Old 30-03-2011, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default In praise of Hozelock

In message
,
bobharvey writes
On 2011-03-30 12:41:57 +0100, prb said:

Last year I bought a Hozelock automatic watering timer. *Sometime during
the winter I lost the control knob off the front, I think it got knocked
off and shovelled up in the snow.
Last week I e-mailed Hozelock, more in hope than expectation, to see if
they could supply a new one. *I received a reply the next day and the
new knob arrived this morning. Free of charge! How's that for excellent
service in these days of overcharging. *I have no connection with the
company, full marks to them!

I have had a similar experience with them. I think it must be something
to do with being British... There aren't too many British firms left
which actually make things but they seem to have found the way to do
it. George Osborne wants a "March of the Makers" to turn the country
around... he could do worse than ask Hozelock for the formula. They
were last year's UK manufacturer of the year...

I could not agree more. They have a variety of products every single
one of which just works as intended. I have never, ever, been
disappointed in anything they made.

I was rather disappointed in the two (different ) Hozelock water timers,
that both failed after a couple of years each. And the rather nice
looking spray gun. It had a nice brass body (better than the plastic
one) but the trigger etc. was plastic and broke
--
Chris French