Old 30-03-2011, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default In praise of Hozelock

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:01:58 -0700 (PDT), bobharvey
wrote:
[...]

I'd also like to nominate Dimplex. I bought a heater and lost the
terminal box cover. Entirely my own fault. Rang them up to see if
they could sell me one as a spare part, and the chap who answered the
phone very efficiently took all the part and serial numbers, then said
"We won't have any in stock for about 3 weeks. But the different
number model seems to have the same lid. I'll send you one of those,
and if it doesn't fit, send it back to me.". It fitted. I called
back and asked what I owed, and he said "call it two quid with the
postage. Any time will do". I sent him the money within the hour.

Dimplex are amazing. Some thirty years ago I bought one of their towel
rails at a jumble sale, only to find some connecty bit was missing. I
wrote asking them if they could sell me the part, and their response
was to send me a whole new towel rail, free of charge. Even if it was
an obsolete model (which it may have been), that's generous.

--
Mike.