Old 01-04-2011, 10:49 PM posted to rec.gardens
Nelly Nelly is offline

Default strange fungus in my indoor pots

"echinosum" wrote in message ...

echinosum;916554 Wrote:
But I have half a memory of there being something else that looks rather
like that, but I'd have to hunt through my fungus books for it some
other time.

Had a hunt through my books, and didn't find any better ideas.

I never saw the post you're responding to (as so often happens to me,
probably because of a crappy excuse for a newsreader) - much less whatever
text you originally responded to.
I thought I saw some twiggy/woody debris in the photo, and color
reproduction being what is often is (not to mention having no scale), I just
guessed at Chlorosplenium. Its identity is mostly academic anyway...if the
soil's too wet it would need to be corrected foremost. Removing the woody
stuff from a soil would only ensure any "dead-wood-eaters" won't return.