Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default How to grow a clematis up a drainpipe?

JaniceH wrote:
However its flourishing this year and its already past that clip and
even though Ive tried to tie it to the drainpipe a bit further up its
got nothing to attach itself to and keeps slipping down or waving around
in the wind.

My clematis are all doing remarkably well atm.

Ive seen some semi circular metal trellis however that needs screwing to
the wall and this house is rented so I cant do that. Can anyone
recommend anything suitable to put on the pipe that would work please.
Its right at the very front of my house (literally three feet from the
footpath) so its got to be nice to look at too.

Nick's mum once bought me some platic ring things (which clip apart so you
can get your plants in and out of them, which you then put a bamboo cane or
similar through the middle of. Would something like that be useful?
(I don't know where she got it from, but I can probably find out)