Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
jduprie

Default Potting plants in tanks with UGF?

Hi folks,
I'm getting ready to set up a new 125, and I'm thinking about doing some
live plants this time. I figured I'd put the plants (at least the
rootingones) into pots in the gravel. I figured this would help prevent
problems with the undergravel filter, and make it easier to fertilize, less
fluorite, etc.....

has anone tried this? how were your results?

I'm planning a fairly simple (low tech) approach. I plan to put some good
grow-lites (full spectrum) in the existing hood, and hoping to acoid any
really complex lighting. About 20 years ago, I had decent success with
planted tanks (no CO2, no fancy lights, basic filtration, and a good
community of "tropical fish". I'm pretty much planing to go down the same
road..... Any comments on low-tech panted tanks?

thansk
-JD