Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
kush

Default Help my plants are almost dead

I keep hearing about roots getting tangled in the filter plates - it's never
been a problem for me, maybe because I'm always moving them around?

Barry wrote in message
I don't know which plants you have, but I had a small but beautiful
looking crypt doing well in my tank with an UGF. One day I moved
apartments and the plant suddenly rotted (apparently not uncommon for
crypts). All the leaves quickly died off or turned from green to pale
brown. I tried to recover it with more lighting, CO2, and trace
elements, all to no avail. After 7 months, there are still a few brown
leaves left, but there has been no new growth since.

As for plants in an UGF tank, besides the crypt (who used to be healthy)
I only have non-rooting plants like java fern and java moss. They grow
crazy. The main concern I've picked up about UGFs and plants is root
entangling in the panels. If you don't plan to replant, then I don't
see how this could be much of a problem.

Barry

In article ,
tose (LeighMo) wrote:

How much light do you have over your tank? And how long has it been set

up?

You have to be very careful about which plants you choose, unless you've
installed extra lighting over your tank.

Leigh