Old 03-04-2011, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Grapevine help - careless pruning

On 04/03/2011 12:57 PM, Rob G wrote:
Can some one tell me what to do with what I know I must never do and
that is to cut into growing wood. Careless I know and I've been
maintaining two vine plants for over 10 years, but how do I stop it
leaking watery sap at really rather an alarming rate ?

I've tried CA glue, and special rubbery electrical tape to no avail.

Cauterize. I've done it with a red-hot poker from the fire, does the
trick although advisable to proceed with caution...

-E