Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default Complete bar stewards

"Kathy" wrote

"Bob Hobden"wrote

"Kathy" wrote

We have a member on our lottie field who suffers from some form of muscle
problem. Most of the time he is fine, but can suddenly be taken with
sever,
long lasting pain. Everyone knows this. Despite it, he spends a lot of
time on the field and his plot is very well run.

He has just come back after a spell in hospital to find that some bar***ds
have been on his plot and "acquired" the two climbing roses that he had
planted to grow up the supports of his sunshade, all of his yellow
raspberry
canes and had also made an attempt to remove his plum tree, breaking the
top
off and leaving it half out of the ground.

They were obviously people who knew his plot well, i.e. "friends", as they
knew just what to take [and left the red raspberries, so they knew which
was
which.

That is not going to make for friendly relations on your site knowing it
was probably a fellow allotment gardener that did it although I would
suggest they will use the plants elsewhere. Anyone with another plot on
another site?

Not as far as I know, though many have gardens.
This is not the first "disappearance" of plants from plots. There is a list
of possible culprits, but *knowing* who did it is different from being able
to *prove* who did it.

From my experience it will probably either be an outsider who keeps an eye
on the plots or the one you least expect.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden