Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Complete bar stewards

We have a member on our lottie field who suffers from some form of muscle
problem. Most of the time he is fine, but can suddenly be taken with sever,
long lasting pain. Everyone knows this. Despite it, he spends a lot of
time on the field and his plot is very well run.

He has just come back after a spell in hospital to find that some bar***ds
have been on his plot and "acquired" the two climbing roses that he had
planted to grow up the supports of his sunshade, all of his yellow raspberry
canes and had also made an attempt to remove his plum tree, breaking the top
off and leaving it half out of the ground.

They were obviously people who knew his plot well, i.e. "friends", as they
knew just what to take [and left the red raspberries, so they knew which was
which.

--
Kathy

--
Kathy

Old 04-04-2011, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Kathy wrote:

We have a member on our lottie field who suffers from some form of
muscle problem. Most of the time he is fine, but can suddenly be
taken with sever, long lasting pain. Everyone knows this. Despite
it, he spends a lot of time on the field and his plot is very well
run.

He has just come back after a spell in hospital to find that some
bar***ds have been on his plot and "acquired" the two climbing roses
that he had planted to grow up the supports of his sunshade, all of
his yellow raspberry canes and had also made an attempt to remove his
plum tree, breaking the top off and leaving it half out of the ground.

They were obviously people who knew his plot well, i.e. "friends", as
they knew just what to take [and left the red raspberries, so they
knew which was which.

If you say so...

--
Donnie
"**** the world, it's time to fight back"

Lambretta Series 2 186cc "The Shitter"
Lambretta LD 175cc "The Chopper"
Honda CB500R "Look out, Donnie's about!"
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote in message
We have a member on our lottie field who suffers from some form of muscle
problem. Most of the time he is fine, but can suddenly be taken with
sever, long lasting pain. Everyone knows this. Despite it, he spends a
lot of time on the field and his plot is very well run.

He has just come back after a spell in hospital to find that some bar***ds
have been on his plot and "acquired" the two climbing roses that he had
planted to grow up the supports of his sunshade, all of his yellow
raspberry canes and had also made an attempt to remove his plum tree,
breaking the top off and leaving it half out of the ground.

They were obviously people who knew his plot well, i.e. "friends", as they
knew just what to take [and left the red raspberries, so they knew which
was which.

--
Kathy

He will now discover just how many friends he has, as I did when I had my
Quadruple Heart By-Pass. :-))))

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive

Old 04-04-2011, 09:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote

We have a member on our lottie field who suffers from some form of muscle
problem. Most of the time he is fine, but can suddenly be taken with sever,
long lasting pain. Everyone knows this. Despite it, he spends a lot of
time on the field and his plot is very well run.

He has just come back after a spell in hospital to find that some bar***ds
have been on his plot and "acquired" the two climbing roses that he had
planted to grow up the supports of his sunshade, all of his yellow raspberry
canes and had also made an attempt to remove his plum tree, breaking the top
off and leaving it half out of the ground.

They were obviously people who knew his plot well, i.e. "friends", as they
knew just what to take [and left the red raspberries, so they knew which was
which.

That is not going to make for friendly relations on your site knowing it was
probably a fellow allotment gardener that did it although I would suggest
they will use the plants elsewhere. Anyone with another plot on another
site?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote

[...]

Not as far as I know, though many have gardens.
This is not the first "disappearance" of plants from plots. There is a list
of possible culprits, but *knowing* who did it is different from being able
to *prove* who did it.

--
Kathy

Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote

"Bob Hobden"wrote

"Kathy" wrote

[...]

From my experience it will probably either be an outsider who keeps an eye
on the plots or the one you least expect.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden