Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Terence

Default Hagen C02 Natural Plant System question

"Philip Ash" wrote in message ...
[snip]
Dan,

There are a few things to consider.

Was the water too hot? Better too cool than to hot.

Have you taken the diffuser out of the tank or taken the hose off the
container or opened the container? It is a pressure system. The CO2 has to
build up a head of pressure before it makes its way up the tube, forces the
water in the tube out, and then starts producing bubbles. The first bubbles
will be air, and then the CO2 comes later.

It seems that Hagen supply too much stabiliser for some peoples setup. I
only use half the stabiliser they supply. My first batch with the full
amount did as yours did. There are at least two others on here that had the
same problem.

hth

Phil.

I've also been using one of the Hagen CO2 units and I guess I must've
gotten a good batch of yeast. I used to use the DIY system as
described in thekrib - and that would usually take 2-3 hours before it
would start to work. But with my first batch of the Hagen CO2, the
reaction was almost instantaneous i.e. in less than 5 minutes bubbles
were already coming out.

Terence